We strongly believe in getting together and giving back. We continue to participate in various community events and partner with several organizations, thereby creating a rewarding and enriching experience for all.
Here are some of the programs we have been involved with. If you are interested in learning more or in participating, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promoting the Love of Science – IOLC was proud to offer auxiliary awards in the Junior and Senior categories for the North Museum Science and Engineering Fair honoring Lancaster County’s champion student scientists.
- Community Action Plan – Headstart program – We participated in World Cultures Day for the Lancaster Community Action Program. What a fun and rewarding experience that was! More than 300 pre-schoolers got to learn amazing fun facts about India along with other countries.
- Race against Racism – We created Team IOLC and showed our spirit! We felt great about supporting YWCA Lancaster’s racial justice education and advocacy programs.
- Humanity Fest, a multicultural festival, was a great way to explore the cultural diversity of our community with ethnic foods, locally handmade crafts and fair trade products from around the world.
- Socialize & Style benefiting Milagro House – It was so gratifying to support such a wonderful cause. A message from the Milagro House – “Thank you so much for a fabulous event! Your afternoon of socializing and pampering raised $740 for the women and children at Milagro House! We are most appreciative and look forward to a continued partnership!”
- Open Air Market – We enjoyed adding an ethnic flair at the Ephrata Whistle Stop among sounds of Indian Dance, Henna, Latin American music, Local farmers and Artisans.
- Volunteer opportunities with United Disability Services – we are thrilled to have recently partnered with them in offering our volunteer services towards their wonderful programs that improve quality of life and expand boundaries.
- United Way Day of Caring – We have participated in the past and are looking forward to getting together and mobilizing the caring power of our community in the future.
- We were invited by the Lancaster Community Foundation to participate in a county-wide conversation called “At the Table” – a chance to learn about some great ideas to try in Lancaster, or an opportunity to inspire hope for our county.